Accessibility Navigation

  1. Skip to Main Content
  2. Skip to Main Navigation

Established in 1977
Unfortunately, due to a technical fault, our
telephone lines are currently unavailable.
New Business Sign Up 01763 264 280
  1. Home
  2. Glossary of Terms - Boston Shaker
Glossary of Terms

Boston Shaker

Glossary of Terms

The Boston shaker is a type of cocktail shaker which is formed of two parts; a bigger metal cone shaped cup, known as a Boston tin, and a smaller cone shaped mixing glass, known as a Boston glass. Commonly preferred by professional bartenders as it allows them to work quickly, the glass is inserted into the larger tin before being shaken and strained into the glass using a cocktail strainer.

Go Back: Glossary of Terms